The great versatility, sensitivity and specificity of molecular biology make it an especially useful tool for the diagnostics of human derived samples. Molecular diagnostics has greatly improved the speed and precision of modern day medicine, and has been implemented as a routine diagnostic tool throughout clinical labs around the world.
SGP supplies a wide range of CE-IVD certified products for pathogen detection in human samples. Our products are compatible with manual, as well as automated workflows, depending on the specific needs and throughput of our customers.
- Virus detection. We offer diagnostic qPCR kits, and the accompanying extraction chemistry for qualitative and quantitative viral DNA/RNA measurement in human samples. Our product range includes kits for the detection of blood borne pathogens like Hepatitis and HIV, as well as Herpes-family viruses, polyomaviruses and adenoviruses. Our qualitative assays encompass an even wider range of respiratory, gastrointestinal, and exotic viral pathogens.
- Bacteria and fungi. We offer both individual and multiplex PCR kits for the detection of microorganisms causing sexually transmitted, respiratory, gastrointestinal, meningitis and sepsis type infections in humans. Depending on the lab setting, we can set up a manual or automated qPCR workflows, or a fully automated cartridge based point-of-need solution.
- Conventional microbiology. We supply a range of high quality dehydrated or ready to use microbiology media suitable for both clinical and industrial microbiology applications.
SGP’s oncological portfolio includes PCR or sequencing kits for detection of mutations in solid or tumors or leukemias. Our CE-IVD products use either qPCR or pyrosequencing technology. We also provide a range of products for target enrichment, library preparation and next generation sequencing compatible with various commercially available NGS platforms.
- Solid tumors. The detection of somatic mutations in solid tumors is often indicative of the individual treatment outcome. Our products provide a means of detecting either tumor driver mutations, which are associated with better response to targeted TKI therapy, or mutations accounting for resistance to therapy. Our qPCR kits search for specific clinically validated mutations, while our pyrosequencing kits analyze several mutation sites within the same amplicon.
- Leukemias represent a highly complex group of diseases, whose diagnosis has been characterized with many difficulties throughout the past debates. Our products for qPCR based detection of somatic mutations in leukemias help increase the precision of diagnosis and treatment of these diseases. We also provide products for monitoring of BCR-ABL transcript levels for disease monitoring and early detection of relapse.
- NGS solutions. We provide a full range of consumables and equipment for targeted enrichment and library preparation prior to NGS. Our products are compatible with the most widely used brands of NGS platforms, and cover a wide range of DNA and RNA based applications. Our workflow encompasses all stages of sample preparation and QC from DNA/RNA extraction to a fully prepared library. We also offer comprehensive software tools for alignment and interpretation of sequencing data.
- We offer a range of primary monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemistry, for various histological markers.
SGP offers a wide range of products for diagnosing genetic mutations in humans. We provide kits for detection of small as well as large scale genetic alterations, using qPCR or QF-PCR technology.
- This portfolio includes a wide range of individual or multiplex kits for detection of mutations associated with increased risk of thrombosis. Most often, these mutations represent small nucleotide changes in genes coding different factors involved in the blood clotting cascade. Our kits use wither qPCR or QF-PCR technology.
- Reproductive health. These products are used for assessment of genetic causes of infertility. A QF-PCR based approach is used to detect Y-microdeletions or autosomal trisomies associated with pregnancy loss.
- Aneuploidy analysis. A range of product for aneuploidy testing provides different combinations of STR markers for the detection of the most common trisomies. Additional markers are used to detect aneuploidy of the sex chromes. The technology used is QF-PCR.
- Gene expansions. A selection of products provide a means of diagnosing conditions caused by expansion of tandem repeats within certain genes. These conditions include most notably Fragile X syndrome, Huntington’s disease and myotonic dystrophy. A step-by-step approach is used for the screening and consecutive confirmation of disease using DNA melting, Sanger sequencing or methylation analysis.
- Other genetic conditions. We provide additional solutions for the diagnostics of genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis, Ashkenazi genetic diseases, lactose and fructose intolerance, Gilbert’s syndrome and others, using either qPCR or QF-PCR methodology.